ForumsQuestionsCan't Add a Task in Chrome

Can't Add a Task in Chrome
leiboh

Posted: Jun 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all,

I've been experiencing some really weird issues using Toodledo with Google Chrome. It started about a week ago -- before that, I had used Toodledo with Chrome successfully for a long time.

1) The "Add a Task" button in the top-right of the screen doesn't work. Literally nothing visible happens when I click it.

2) The arrow on the left hand side of the screen that expands/collapses the left-side nav bar also doesn't work.

3) Keyboard shortcuts don't seem to work at all.

From what I can tell, everything else seems to be ok (except that not being able to add tasks is a bit of a problem :).

Everything seems fine in Firefox.

I tried re-installing Chrome (switching off of the beta in the process), but this didn't change anything.

Is anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas? I've searched around quite a bit in the forums and elsewhere to see if I could find any suggestions, but didn't see anyone else mention it, so I'm guessing it's not widespread.

Thanks!

-- Lewis
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I have not been able to reproduce this. It sounds to me like your copy of Chrome has some problems. Have you tried using a different browser temporarily? Do you have any chrome extensions installed that might be interfering?
leiboh

Thanks.

Yes, I've tried using Firefox, and everything works fine there, so I'm pretty sure this is isolated to Chrome.

I just tried disabling all of my extensions, but the same behavior is still happening. I noticed that in addition to the "Add a Task" button, the checkboxes next to tasks are not working either (nothing happens when I click them).

I don't think I'm experiencing issues with other sites -- the only issue with other sites that I can think of is that sometimes it appears as if the CSS for a site is not loading, and so the formatting is really strange. Clicking Refresh though usually seems to take care of this (but clicking refresh doesn't help my Toodledo issues).

Do you have any other ideas for things I can try?

Thanks,
-- Lewis
Jake

Toodledo Founder
What version of chrome are you using?
leiboh

It says:
"Google Chrome is up to date (5.0.375.70)"

Previously I was using the latest beta version, but uninstalled that and reinstalled fresh from the Chrome site.

Thanks so much for the quick responses!
leiboh

Hey there,

I think I fixed it. I obviously should have thought of this earlier, but it looks like clearing the cache and browsing data in Chrome (which doesn't happen upon uninstall / re-install I guess) did the trick.

Anyway, sorry I didn't think of this before, but hopefully this is helpful in case anyone else runs across the problem.

Thanks,
-- Lewis
Masonfoley

Posted: Aug 17, 2010
I'm having this issue as well. Clicking on Add task does nothing. Clearing out the cache doesn't always work. It's an intermittant issue which make it all the more frustrating. I'll use the iPad app in the interim.

Cheers,
Mason
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 17, 2010
We have not been able to replicate this problem. If you have a moment to help, we would appreciate it if you could use Chrome and enable the developer tools (Under the "Tools" menu option). Then click on the "Console" button and let us know what errors you see printed here.

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.