ForumsQuestionsUsing Toodledo on Multiple Computers

Using Toodledo on Multiple Computers
sirliam

Posted: Jun 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi guys,

Just discovered what might be something of a peculiarity.

I use a couple of different computers at work, and it is fantastic being able to have Toodledo open in a browser on both.

However if I have loaded up Toodledo on both computers and check off a recurring task on one and then without refreshing the page on the other computer check it off again, it sets the recurrence at double the setting.

e.g. I have a task that I want to complete weekly. If I check it off from both it sets it for two weeks in the future.

I guess this is because checking off the task causes the backend to “add seven days” to whatever is in the database, not what is displayed in the UI.

Thanks,
Liam
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 28, 2010
Each time you check it off, it moves it forward again, so that explains what is happening. Toodledo wasn't designed to be used from multiple web browsers simultaneously without refreshing the screen in between switching browsers.
JamesD_3

Posted: Jun 29, 2010
Would it be possible (at some point) to have the list regenerate after a certain time frame, or maybe refresh automatically after a change to the list?
Andrew A

Posted: Jun 29, 2010
There is a firefox addon James that might meet your need (if you use firefox that is:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115/

ReloadEvery:
Reloads web pages every so many seconds or minutes......

I don't use it myself anymore, but it might meet your need.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.