ForumsQuestionsRepeating Items show up "Today" when completed

Repeating Items show up "Today" when completed
deano

Posted: Jul 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi, I've been running Toodledo for a few days on my iPhone and iPad. One thing I've noticed, and have trouble with, is that when I complete one task (ex. "eat lunch", repeating every 2 days), then it shows up again, on the same day in the display.

What I'd ideally like, is for such repeating tasks to either get bumped "higher up" into "Future Tasks", "Upcoming", or the like, rather than in "Today". Also, when I update a repeating task listed under "Yesterday", it reappears immediately in "Yesterday", though on refresh it moves to "Today".

I get that Today is more "Today and Future", but it's a terrible labelling for such. Really, I don't need the gray "Day" bars in the list at all, since I have creation/modification dates associated with each task.

Anyway, my main issue is, I'm trying to make tasks that I've "done today, but need to do again in the future" not show up in the list until the day they are happening/due... Otherwise, they just clutter things up. Also, there's nothing in the task itself that shows when the upcoming repeat "happens".

Note - I haven't set a start date or due date for any repeating items yet... I'm wondering if start date and/or due date + repeat "from completion date" will resolve this somehow, but it SHOULD work regardless.

If this is unclear, what I want to happen is the following:

I add a repeating item named "Shave". It happens every week from task completion.

I don't set a start date, or a due date (things happen), but I shave TODAY.

When the repeat instance is generated from the completion of the initial task, it should be associated with "7 days from today", SOMEHOW, so that I don't accidentally shave again tomorrow (my hair grows really fast, but the replacement blades are too expensive, so I'm trying to conserve).

Instead, when I'm done shaving, I hit the checkbox, and then it reappears today. If I just keep doing the task over and over, my face will be a bloody mess. Help!??
deano

Posted: Jul 01, 2010
Oops, forgot to mention:

When I added a start date of "Today", with "Repeat 7 days from completion", and checked the task off, the new repeat task shows up as start date "Today".

So, at the VERY least, if I put in a start date, and a repeat X days, then the new start date should also be modified, no? I can't think of a good reason for that not to be the case... But I'm just a user, so...?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 02, 2010
I just created a task called "Shave" with a start date of "today" and set to repeat "weekly from completion" and when I checked it off, the new start-date was July 9 (7 days from now). So, it seems to be working for me. Are you completing the task on this website, or via some third-oarty app that syncs?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.