ForumsQuestionsAssigning and Sharing Tasks Amoung Pro Accounts

Assigning and Sharing Tasks Amoung Pro Accounts
peaston

Posted: Sep 20, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I feel like I've been hit by an idiot stick...I have no idea how to delegate tasks and searching the help files and forums is turning up nothing, leading me to assume that it is obvious to everyone but me.

This is the setup:

Three team members and I all have Toodledo PRO accounts and have all added each other as collaborators.

I have shared one folder with all of them with Level Three sharing (can edit, assign, and read)

When I create a new task, however, the only option in the "Assigned To" or "Reassign" drop-down is "Myself"

Now, we can see the Shared Folder, but that just shows all tasks in that folder, all assigned to me by default and, as stated, I have no option but to assign a task to myself. Not very useful.

Why I click on the "Sharing" tab, I see tabs for each team member: "From Myself", "From jdoe", etc. But that is not helpful to me for two reasons. One, I don't want to know who the assignOR is, I want to view by assignEE. Two, I'm the one assigning all the tasks, so everything is under my tab anyway.

All I want is the ability to assign tasks to team members and the ability to view assigned tasks, sorted or foldered by assignee, so I can monitor their progress and load-balance my assignments.

I'm sure the problem is my not understanding how to configure and use the system. I would greatly appreciate if someone could explain how I can delegate and monitor delegated tasks.

Thanks
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 20, 2008
Hi,

I'll be happy to try to explain this. Since you have given your team members permission to edit your list, they will be able to assign or reassign tasks to you.

If you want to assign or reassign tasks to them, then they will need to give you edit privileges to their account as well.

Hope that helps.
peaston

Posted: Sep 22, 2008
Oh, okay, I'll let them know. Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.