ForumsQuestionsSync not working since 2.0.2 update

Sync not working since 2.0.2 update
dan

Posted: Jul 15, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
It's been this way since your update a few weeks ago but I waited to see if you were going to fix it before I posted. It still does not work. I have my settings on my iPhone to sync on startup, sync on edit and sync timezone. I'm using an iPhone 3G, iOS 4.0. The way I sync now is to go to the settings area and then hit the sync bar at the top.
djembe1

Posted: Jul 16, 2010
From Toodledo 6 days ago on an earlier thread in this forum:

We have already sent an update to Apple that fixes this. iOS4 changed a lot of ways that apps start/quit and our "sync on startup" logic has gotten really complicated to support all scenarios. Sorry.
dan

Posted: Jul 16, 2010
Thanks for the reply and the fix. Love your product.
smarsden123

Posted: Aug 15, 2010
i have an iPhone (the first one). i have had toodledo on it for a couple of years.
on 8/14, i noticed that there was a difference in the tasks on my iphone vs the toodledo site after conducting a sync.
I attempted to sync, and it appeared to go through the process of syncing, but it did not actually get all of the data to match up on the phone and the site.
I attempted a forced sync (toodledo to iphone) several times.
after several failed attempts i went as far as to purge data from my iphone and then sync again.
after going through sync process, i noticed that there are a LOT of tasks that did not make it over into my iphone app. I have one folder that has about 180 tasks on the website, and the folder shows up empty on the iphone app. that is just an example, as i have not done a full audit.
I tried another forced sync (toodledo to iphone) after seeing the discrepancy. this changed nothing.
Has anyone else seen this issue? and of course, how do you resolve it? i am at wits end after several hours, and i NEED this app!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 15, 2010
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
Victor

Posted: Sep 20, 2010
Same thing that happened to smarsden123 is happening to me. I have tried removing the Toodledo app and reinstalling it on the iPhone with no luck. When syncing to the iPhone, I get to "Processing Tasks" and it stops. I have an iPhone 3G.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 20, 2010
It is probably running out of memory. If you have more than 5000 tasks (including old completed tasks), it may run out of memory in the "Processing Tasks" step.
roylarke

Posted: Sep 21, 2010
I can't get my iPhone to Sync at all too -- Toodledo v2.0.5, iOS 4.1, iPhone 3G
New tasks added on the iPhone are there, but don't get updated to the website :(
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 21, 2010
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
fabio.lin

Posted: Sep 22, 2010
I got toodledo a few days ago and I'm having the same issue.
My iphone and the website don't sync properly. 100% of the times I edit a note on my iphone it does not goes to the website.

I'm currently testing several task managers apps and, imho, if toodledo gets those sync problems fixed I'll just consider it the best.

Thanks in advance.
charityelizabeth

Posted: Sep 22, 2010
I have the same exact problem as vmj07-toodledo & smarsden123. I will write a support ticket.
Boxin

Posted: Feb 09, 2011
Bought the iPhone app Toodledo a few days ago and have the same problem too. I often find myself having to use "force website->device sync".
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.