ForumsQuestionsView for tasks with a start date that is not yet due

View for tasks with a start date that is not yet due
toodledo

Posted: Jul 22, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I often have tasks that have a start and due date. I like to work out of the Due Today view. I would also like to include tasks that have a start date before today but are not yet due.

What is the best way to achieve this?

Brenden
Salgud

Posted: Jul 22, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I think what you're looking for someone just showed me. You create a Saved Search using a criteria like:

Start Date |is in the last| 999 days
or Due Date |is in the last| 999days

IOW, any start date before tomorrow for 1,000 days. Of course, if you want to ignore start dates over 100 days old, you could put in 99 days instead of 999.

My Today Search is as follows:

Checked |is| no
and |Status |is| active
and |Context |is| Work
and |Starred |is| yes
or |Start Date |is in the last| 999 days
or |Due Date |is in the last| 999 days

If you're not using contexts or status, you can remove that line. This is of course, my work Today list. By removing the context line, it would be an "everything" list.

This way, any task whose Due Date is in the last 999 days or any task who's start date is in the last 999 days will show in my Work for Today list (Actually, in my list I've named it "W - Today" to make the name shorter so I can fit more saved searches in view. Some of my tasks don't have a Start Date, so the Due Date determines when it shows up on the list. Of course, I also have a "Next 3 Days" view so I can look ahead periodically to see what's coming at me.

Including the Starred option gives me the ability to include any task I like simply by starring it, regardless of it's Start and Due dates. Again, you can omit that option if you want.

I'm pretty new here myself, so if someone sees an error in my logic, please jump in and rescue me.

This message was edited Jul 22, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.