ForumsQuestionsEdit existing Task - add Notes not possible

Edit existing Task - add Notes not possible
danredler

Posted: Jul 26, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
In 2009 - Toodledo replied to requests to edit / modify tasks with the following comment..

"To edit a task, you just need to click on the piece of information that you want to edit, then it will become editable."

While this seems to work for information that was entered initially - like the task name

IT DOES NOT WORK in cases where you want to ADD a NOTE when no note was created in the first place.

(at least I can't find the note field in tasks that have no notes) - using firefox 3.6.8 - (I am using the web based version - waiting for the iPad version I just purchased to become more stable)

Seems like it would be a great feature (and often requested)
PeterW 

Posted: Jul 27, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
You can indeed add notes after a task has been created. Simply click on the notes icon to open the notes field.

This icon looks like a page with a green + icon on it (when the field is empty) or a page with a red bar across it when the field already contains notes.

If you can't see the notes icon, you must be in multi-line mode. Simply click the blue arrow field immediately to the left of the task name field to display all fields, then you can see the notes icon.
jaime.lopez

Posted: Dec 19, 2010
The suggested buttons are really hard to find, it seems that there's a page size adjusting issue using google chrome and firefox. If you can't see the buttons, you have to scroll to the right.

This message was edited Dec 19, 2010.
JPR

Posted: Dec 19, 2010
Account Settings > Show Tasks as > Show note icon on the left
obsigam

Posted: Jan 31, 2011
@JPR Thanks for that
kloponline

Posted: May 18, 2011
Oh I see it now. It's a checkbox right above the "Save Changes" button. Thank you JPR.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.