ForumsQuestionsiMac iCal and Toodledo task sync

iMac iCal and Toodledo task sync
dbrdhuk

Posted: Jul 31, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Have enabled iCal link in Toodledo and pasted Apple and Todo only links into iMac iCal as calendars.

Items with due date show as day entry, however no other tasks show particularly non dated todos in the Mac iCal todo column.

What's going wrong?

Have Toodledo syncing nicely with Pocket Informant on the iPhone - just trying to get a way of just seeing tasks on my Mac desktop in iCal. Sync properly seems a long way off - I accept that! Bad Apple! Only takes one to spoil the barrel. 8-(

As an aside - I'm sooooo miffed with my new iPhone 4 - No native task sync with iCal and the phone and they're both Apple devices! My old BlackBerry Bold synced everything on plugging it into the Mac - work that one out. So here I am using online todo services [Thanks for being here Guys and Girls - admittedly a happy accident as I will continue with Toodledo even if a desktop sync comes along; I love the access from anywhere idea like Google Calendar, Docs etc which I also use(d) even when I was a BB user] and paid for 3rd party iPhone apps to try and cobble together a solution that shlould just happen in my mind on a £500 device!! 8-(

Rant over - look forward to your help....

DB
dbrdhuk

Posted: Jul 31, 2010
Have fixed the above by deleting all calendars in iCal and reinstalling Appigio Sync. However now have a new problem.

Any tasks created on the Mac are OK but after syncing with Toodledo using Appigio sync, any dated task is then changed to the previous day's date on iCal but has the correct date on Toodledo.

I note there was a bugfix in the iPhone app for an apparently related problem:

✔ Fixed bug where clicking a date in the calendar would pick the previous day for people observing daylight savings time.

Is this related? I am using DST on the Mac. Have raised a support ticket for this too....

[later] Further experimentation has found that a task created on the iMac with a due date outside of daylight saving period [DST] has its due date preserved after syncing with Toodledo. Any task with a due date inside DST period has its date changed to the previous day's date in iCal after syncing with Toodledo even though the task shows on the Toodledo webpage with the correct due date regardless.

Would seem to be a Toodledo issue.....

This message was edited Jul 31, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 03, 2010
THe AppigoSync software is made by Appigo.com and it is still in beta as far as I know, so it may have some date related syncing bugs. You'll have to contact Appigo for support with syncing to iCal via their tool.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.