ForumsQuestionsNintendo DSi Browser (Opera Mini) Compatibility?

Nintendo DSi Browser (Opera Mini) Compatibility?
teh.201d

Posted: Jul 31, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm currently using a free trial of Toodledo and was 99.99% positive I'll buy a subscription... until I tried the "slim" version on my one mobile device... My beloved Nintendo DSi.

I was absolutely positive it would work since I already use the DSi for the Facebook touch site ( http://touch.facebook.com/ ) which is designed to work on all touchscreen devices and looks pretty script-heavy. The "slim" page fails to recognize the device's screen width (check the CSS?) and forces the browser to run in "overview mode". I see the main menu but nothing happens when I tap the different sections to see my tasks.

Now, before you ask "Did you try the HTML version?", the answer is YEP, and it doesn't work either. Looks like there's some scripting in there after all! Heh, turns out it's mostly script-based! Why do you even call it an html page? I can see both pages just fine but nothing happens when I tap some links.

Developing an app for the DSi and having it in the DSiWare shop (their version of an app store) is a very expensive and pointless process, since the system comes equipped with a browser. I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of rewriting a few lines of code to make sure it's compatible with more platforms. This would give Toodledo a chance to reach more potential users.

I, for one, don't plan on buying yet another mobile device and I'm definitely not paying for this service if I can't use it on the go. Please help?
Transisto

Posted: Aug 01, 2010
Is that the same opera as the Wii ?

If I were you I'd get my hand onto any old gen Ipod touch. (60$?)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 03, 2010
Thanks for the bug report.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.