ForumsQuestionsAdding new Tags

Adding new Tags
pedroT

Posted: Aug 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Ever since Toodledoo did an upgrade a month or two ago, I have been unable to add any new tags on my iphone! Is there a way to add new tags or is this a bug on the upgrade?
Transisto

Posted: Aug 01, 2010
You must be doing it wrong.

Tags have always been added within a task edition !

Add Task,
Edit detail,
Tag,
Edit Manually

Your done,
pedroT

Posted: Aug 05, 2010
Thanks! That worked justa as you stated, although I don't remember it being so complicated before. It certainly is not intuitive. Surely Toodledo could make this process easier and more intuitive--I had spent half an hour trying to figure it out on my own before making a post.
Transisto

Posted: Aug 05, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
I could hardly be easier or more intuitive.

Or Maybe , "Edit Manually" could be "Add new custom tag"

What is intuitive is to Tag a Task.
You were trying to tag what ...? nothing.

This message was edited Aug 05, 2010.
pedroT

Posted: Aug 06, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
It could be much easier and intuitive. How? By using the same format as is currently used for Folders. With Folders U scroll to bottom and it gives option of "Edit Folders" or "Add Folder". That is elegant, intuitive and fast. Why cant't Toodledoo use the same format for Tags?

I had wanted to add a tag BEFORE adding a task and could not find a way to do it. You showed me how to add a tag AFTER the task. That helped, but it's clumsy. Toodledoo could imporve on present method on Tags by changing the "Edit Manually" prompt to "Add tag or Edit Manually". At least that would be clearer than current setup, but the perfect solution is to mimic the Folders layout.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.