ForumsQuestionsBooklet printing in Chrome

Booklet printing in Chrome
jeffreypbrown

Posted: Aug 03, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I can't seem to print a booklet in Chrome. Still works fine in other browsers. Do you have a workaround or a timetable for a fix?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 04, 2010
Try downloading the booklet to your computer first and print it from there instead of relying on Chrome to do the printing. In my experience, PDF support in-browser is not strong.
jeffreypbrown

Posted: Aug 10, 2010
The problem is actually downloading. Sorry I wasn't clear in my original post. When I click on your download button the browser freezes. I am running Adobe Reader 9.3.3.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 10, 2010
The download button just links to a PDF document, so your browser must be misconfigured for PDF files. Try right clicking on the download button and select "save file to computer".
John Wohn

Posted: Dec 11, 2010
Actually, this is not true. The download link is to pdf.php which can't be downloaded. The php has to run to generate the pdf. There's no way to get the booklet with Chrome.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 12, 2010
I just tried this in Chrome and it worked for me. I right clicked on the booklet link and choose "Save Link As..." and it downloaded the PDF to my computer. Can you please try this and open the file that it downloads and see what is inside?
brian

Posted: Feb 06, 2011
I just upgraded and I'm running Chrome 9.0.597.84

I can't get the booklet to print in Chrome. A few versions back they added a feature where PDF's are handled inside the browser just like an image or some video files. An external reader is no longer required.

Something to try is to trick the browser by using a different content-type "application/octet-stream .pdf" instead of "application/pdf". This should force a download/save prompt.

You could have two buttons "Save As PDF" and "View PDF" to give everyone their choice up front.
brian

Posted: Feb 06, 2011
Work around that works:

The next time you are ready to print a booklet give it a name. Then when you return to print it again you will see it as a saved booklet and it will be a hyperlink. If you click on the hyperlink to the saved booklet and choose "Save File As" you can save the PDF to disk.

I just tried this and following the steps will work in Chrome.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.