ForumsQuestionsDue Date change

Due Date change
richard.duggleby

Posted: Aug 07, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
On my laptop when I click on a task 'due date' to change it I am normally presented with a calendar and some dates to choose from eg all days in the coming week plus 1 week, 1 month, 1 year etc. Now, I still get the calendar OK but the choice of dates starts 2 days before today's date.Why does it do this? Richard
garyo

It's a bug, IMHO. You've had Toodledo open for two days in your browser, I bet. Until you reload the page (not just "R" but actually reload in the browser) it continues to think "today" is the date you loaded the page. I wish it would auto-reload at midnight or whatever is needed to make "today" always be today.
richard.duggleby

Garyo, I bet you are right. I tend to leave Toodledo open all the time unless I switch off completely. Thanks. Richard
Salgud

Posted: Aug 08, 2010
Interesting. I've had TD open in my browser at home for many days, but don't have this problem. Wonder why?

Also, I was recently told by TD that pressing "R" is a reload, just like clicking on the Reload icon. I was using "R" when I wanted to update the page I was on and getting browser related error messages. So, AFAIK, pressing "R" is a browser reload.
j2020

Posted: Aug 09, 2010
I use Firefox, and pressing Ctrl-R to reload the page corrects the dates. I've gotten in the habit of just doing it every morning when I sit down at my PC. It would be nice if the Toodledo page handled this on it's own though.

And if you're curious about what Ctrl-R (hard refresh) does in general: http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-a-hard-refresh.htm
Salgud

Thanks for your reply.

I know what a browser refresh is, been clicking on the "Refresh/Reload" button since the days of Mosaic. I assumed that pressing "R" in TD was just a shortcut for Ctrl-R or for clicking on the Refresh icon, based on the problem I was having and what TD suggested I do instead.

My comment was more about the fact that I haven't had the need to refresh the browser even when I've left it open for days. I know that certain web pages, like Google Calendar, most email pages, etc, automatically periodically reload the page. Some even give you the opportunity to choose how often they refresh. I leave my home computer on for weeks at a time, and don't recall ever seeing the situation you described in TD there. But I can't remember for sure leaving it on for days and then going to schedule a task, so I'm not sure I wouldn't see the same thing under those conditions.

I would think that a task management app like TD would refresh automatically periodically, but I don't know that for a fact. Wonder if someone on the team would let us know?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We do not refresh the page automatically. Until we implement something like this, you'll need to reload the page once day.
Salgud

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I've been manually refreshing often enough it hasn't been an issue.

This message was edited Aug 09, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.