ForumsQuestionsToodledo links not working in Chrome or Safari, but ok in FF

Toodledo links not working in Chrome or Safari, but ok in FF
RPMillar

Posted: Aug 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi All,

I've been using Toodledo in FF and it works well, but none of the links except the tabs and the links in the side bar work in either Chrome or Safari. I can't get any of the drop-down lists to work and I can't edit task items. I'm using Win 7 64-bit.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance.

RPMillar
Masonfoley

I am having this issue as well. Even the Post Reply button in the forums is not working in Chrome. :P
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We have not been able to replicate this problem. If you have a moment to help, we would appreciate it if you could use Chrome and enable the developer tools (Under the "Tools" menu option). Then click on the "Console" button and let us know what errors you see printed here.

Thanks
RPMillar

There is no "Tools" menu option nor any "Console" button in any of the menus in Chrome. Could you be more clear please?

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
In the upper right corner of the browser, there is a tools button, that pops up a menu. In this menu, there is a "Tools" option with "Developer Tools" as a submenu option.
RPMillar

Posted: Aug 23, 2010
So there is... My bad... Here are the errors captured :

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ) images.toodledo.com/t/includes/prototype.js:2067

Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected string images.toodledo.com/t/includes/views53bm.js:151

Uncaught ReferenceError: topLoaded is not defined index.php:272

Any idea what might be wrong?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It looks to me like your web browser is having trouble with Javascript. The files that supposedly trigger an error are not triggering one on my copy of Chrome. I suppose you could have an extension that is causing a conflict. One thing to try (if you are a Pro subscriber) is to access the site over https:// instead of http, as this will use a different version of the files.
RPMillar

Now Toodledo is suddenly not even working on Firefox! So that's zero out if 4 browsers, even though it was working on FF until last night...

As someone has mentioned above, even the Post Reply button on this forum has stopped working, so I'm posting this reply from another computer.

Given what the Administrator has said above I've updated Java on my PC, but still no luck.

Help!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 24, 2010
It must be your computer then. I have tested this on Firefox as well and I am not experiencing any problems. Also, there don't appear to be any other people with the problem. Please try checking for viruses, and then try reinstalling your browser.
RPMillar

Posted: Aug 25, 2010
Yes, I'm aware it must be my computer, but as every web based application except Toodledo is running fine in all 4 browsers, couldn't you have suggested something a little more helpful that reinstalling my browsers?

And if you look in this forum you'll see that other people do indeed have the problem.

Anyway, I can't spend any more time troubleshooting this so I'm afraid I'm going back to Remember The Milk for my online tasks. It works on all browsers on all of my PCs.

Thanks and regards,

Robert
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 25, 2010
Sorry I couldn't help. We'll keep trying to reproduce the problem in our browsers, and if we can, we'll figure it out and fix the problem.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.