ForumsQuestionssync app tries to access email addresses in outlook

sync app tries to access email addresses in outlook
drewack

Posted: Oct 08, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
i downloaded the sync app. When I ran sync, an outlook message popped up repeatedly and said an app is trying to access email addresses stored in outlook.

why would an app that syncs TASKS need to access "email addresses" of my "contacts"?

and so none of my tasks synced with toodledo. what is up?

i'd buy the iphone app if I could sync tasks with outlook but i can't trust someone is not trying to harvest my personal information

Also, if I have to be at my computer to "Allow access" to outlook data at EVERY SYNC, it will never work. It only allows access for up to 10 min.

This message was edited Oct 08, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 08, 2008
For support with the Outlook Synchronization application, please contact the developer of that application at http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Hope that helps.
J-Mac

Posted: Oct 09, 2008
drewack,

That doesn't necessarily mean that anything was specifically trying to access your email - just that another application was trying to access Outlook data.

This is a "security" measure that Microsoft added to Outlook back in 2004 to combat virus writers who discovered that they could use Visual Basic to access Outlook via macros. Usually there are a couple options to allow it but only once or for 10 minutes.

I use a tiny but extremely useful utility called Express-Click Yes at this address:

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

There is a Pro version for sale and a free version for - free, of course! THe Pro version includes a lot of other features (I guess), but I have always just used the free version. You set it to always click "Yes" to that Outlook security dialog and continue doing it as long as it tries to reappear. Once it is set I just have it start with Windows and stay in the background. You never see that security dialog again as long as Express-Click Yes is active. It does all the clicking in the background and keeps the security dialog hidden also so you are not bothered by it.

I have used it ever since that security warning started and there are no negative aspects of it.

Jim
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.