ForumsQuestionsproblem printing booklet

problem printing booklet
traderli

Posted: Aug 17, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I tried to download a booklet (PDF format). An error message came up on the screen "'file does not begin with %PDF-'". The URL formed was "www.toodledo.com/pdf.php", Problem occurred with Firefox and Safari. I have adobe reader 9.3.3 installed on an XP machine.

I can read other PDF websites with no problem.

Can someone advise if they any suggested solutions?

Thank you
Transisto Post deleted
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Try right clicking on the booklet link and downloading it your computer before opening it. Sometimes browser based PDF plugins have trouble reading PDF files.
traderli

Thank you but, I have already tried that. When I right click it, it forces me to save as .php. I opened the php with an editor program and saw references to pdf and fpdf.

But, when I push the download, the browser opens a blank window (no more %PDF message). URL is www.toodledo.com/pdfA4.php
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 18, 2010
It sounds like your browser plugin is causing a conflict. I can't reproduce your experience on my computer.
traderli

When I right click to save, why is the file downloaded as pdfA4.php and not a pdf file?

I changed the plugin to open with acrobat reader. the error message reads that the file is either corrupted or not a supported file. It probably interprets it as a php.

My Safari and Explorer have the same problem but, other PDF web files are no problem...

Thank you...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
I don't know. I was able to correctly download the booklet in Safari, Explorer and Chrome just now. It is likely that our PDF file is very slightly incorrectly formatted, which would cause it to work in most situations, but your plugin is being extra strict with reading the file. I will log a bug and look into it.
traderli

Could you advise which Firefox PDF reader plugin that you currently use?
PeterW 

The booklet is working fine for me in FireFox.

Browser: FireFox 3.6.8

Plug in details:
 Adobe Acrobat 9.3.3.177
 Adobe PDF Plug-In for FireFox and Netscape "9.3.3"

When I click the link, it opens a new tab named pdfA4.php. If I right-click and save-as, the file is downloaded as PocketToodledo.pdf.
traderli

Posted: Aug 19, 2010
I have all the updated programs and my plugin settings are correct. No problem accessing other online PDF files. My XP is up to date.

Your suggestion that it is a format problem could be the issue.

I hope toodledo can fix it soon. THank you for your time.
Transisto

Posted: Aug 20, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
@traderli

If ever you have the occasion, try on another computer.

... I'd make a spare test account. and test with a few task,

... Then I'd try with importing all tasks.

(flowchart from the top of my head)
traderli

Posted: Aug 22, 2010
@Transito,

Thank you. Actually it worked on my laptop (as opposed to on my desk top). Hmm. I will try to check the differences in PDF programs.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.