ForumsQuestionsStart Date, Due date & hotlist

Start Date, Due date & hotlist
paul.homer

Posted: Aug 18, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but, when I set a task with both a start date and a due date the task it will not appear in the hot list, if I delete the start date the task then appears in the hot list.

Some additional information if the start date is today or earlier, it will show up, but if the start date is in say, 3 days and the due day in 4 days, it doesn't.

This message was edited Aug 18, 2010.
Salgud

I think there must be something else involved, because I tried to duplicate your problem and didn't get the same result. I created a task, gave it a priority of 2, a start day of today, and a due date tomorrow. It showed on my Hotlist. Unless you've changed your hotlist defaults, they have a minimum priority of 2 and a due date before tomorrow. Start date should be irrelevant if the task meets the other criteria.

Have you changed your default Hotlist criteria in Settings?

Does your task mee the criteria?

Is the problem replicable?

PeterW 

On the filters toolbar, you need to click on "Show future tasks".
paul.homer

Set a task up with a start date 3 days in the future and a due date 2 days after that. This should show in the hot list, but doesn't until you remove the start date.

As stated in my first post it works fine when the start date is set as today.

PeterW 

Sounds like this might be a bug with the Hotlist. I just tried it and was able to replicate the problem. Toggling hide/show future tasks had no effect.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 20, 2010
The hotlist has always hidden tasks with a future start-date. The logic behind this is that the task cannot be started yet, so it is unimportant until the start-date arrives.
paul.homer

Posted: Aug 26, 2010
That's fair logic I suppose, I will just do away with using start dates all together
Linden

Posted: Aug 27, 2010
It might be nice to at least have the show/hide future tasks filter apply to start dates in the hotlist. I can see situations where it would be important to be able to scan for ALL tasks due this week, or whatever the Hotlist range is.

Of course, there could be the argument that this is what the Due Date view is for, since there's a "next 7 days" tab that does this very nicely, saving the Hotlist for urgent tasks you can do something about NOW.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.