ForumsQuestionsNote edits not saved on iPad.

Note edits not saved on iPad.
Neil Hunt

Posted: Aug 18, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
On IPad:

Create a new notebook note, or open an existing note:
Enter some new text and edits
Use the Home button to invoke another app. (Or respond to e.g.a calendar prompt and open the appointment).
Resume Toodledo app.
All the edits are evaporated.

Note: on iPhone, perhaps because of IOS4.0.1, Toodledo app resumes in the state it was in, and the unsaved edits are all still present waiting to be saved.

If this will be fixed in IOS4.0 for iPad, great. Otherwise (in even if fixed in 4.0), a better resolution might be to have a periodic background save function, that is either always on, or optional in the preferences section, so that even in case of device crash, most of the work is saved.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
This will be fixed in iOS 4.0 for iPad and in a future version of our app for devices that dont support backgrounding, but in the meantime, you need to save any changes you are in the middle of before exiting the app.
Victor

Posted: Oct 20, 2010
I'm also having this problem with the iPhone 3G iOS 4.0.1. If I'm editing a note and I exit the app for any reason, I lose the edit when I return.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 20, 2010
Is this with or without pressing the "save" button before exiting the app?
Victor

Posted: Oct 26, 2010
This is before pressing the "save" button. Can the iPhone 'auto-save' notebook entries as they're edited?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 26, 2010
Currently, our app does not auto-save. You have to press "save". We are working on this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.