ForumsQuestionsQuestion about future items

Question about future items
kirbyg

Posted: Aug 18, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
Hi folks,

I have some todo items that are 6 or 8 months in the future. I'd like to hide those, based on the setting in my Account Settings.

I have some todo items that happen later this week. I'd like to see those.

Is there any way to do this?

In playing around with it, it looks to me like "hide future tasks" hides anything more than a day in advance *as well as* anything that's over the limit set in the Account Settings.

I guess I'm not sure what the point of setting a limit in Account Settings, when the toggle is basically "Turn off everything more than a day in advance" and "Turn on everything".

I'd really like to see everything, EXCEPT those that are due in 6 months, but I can't figure it out.
Salgud

Posted: Aug 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
If all you've tried is the "Hide Future Tasks" filter, it may not give you what you want. I think it's threshold is one month.

Have you tried creating a Saved Search? Should be able to control it based on Start Date or Due Date or whatever. Also, have you looked at "How can I hide tasks that are due in the future?" in the help screens? (Just search help for "future").

You can certainly get just about any time-based criteria you want using a Saved Seach. For many of us, that's our default page, not the Main page.

HTH
Claudio

Posted by kirbyg:
In playing around with it, it looks to me like "hide future tasks" hides anything more than a day in advance *as well as* anything that's over the limit set in the Account Settings.
Check out these Help topics:
How can I hide tasks that are due in the future?
How do I use the start date field?

"Any task with a start date more than 1 day in the future will be hidden from your list until the date arrives."

This message was edited Aug 19, 2010.
kirbyg

Saved searches do EXACTLY what I was looking for.

For some reason I missed them completely. The ability to save the search only shows up once you've run the search, and I missed it.

Thanks everyone, this was very useful.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.