ForumsQuestionsCSV import fails to import Toodledo CSV export file

CSV import fails to import Toodledo CSV export file
dg

Posted: Aug 19, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I imported some tasks from Outlook using the Toodledo CSV import tool. I had issues with an error that kept occurring saying Toodledo ran out of memory and would I please try splitting the file and re-importing. I did several split/split-further/split-yet-further-again cycles that were frustrating, but eventually got all the tasks imported.

I worked with the tasks for a couple days and, wanting to have some sort of backup for all my hard work, thought I'd export the current un-completed tasks as a CSV file that I should be able to use to recover if I blunder in my task management work (read: royally screw things up) -- which happens from time to time. In fact recently I deleted some recurring tasks using search/multi-edit that I quickly regretted.

Getting to the point....I then set up a dummy Toodledo account to test the backup I'd just made, but Toodledo refused to import the CSV file saying it had run out of memory! Now I suspect based on my previous work that I could split/re-split/re-re-split the CSV file until it imports successfully, but -- hey, wait a minute -- why can't Toodledo import the data that it just exported? What's up with that?

Feature Request - that Toodledo CSV import tool can import any output file created by the Toodledo CSV export tool.

Thx!
--
dg
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 20, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
You must have a lot of tasks. Toodledo is currently unable to process a file larger than 1MB when importing, but we have plans to improve this in the future. Sorry. For now, you'll have to do the split thing.
dg

Posted: Aug 21, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
You must have a lot of tasks. Toodledo is currently unable to process a file larger than 1MB when importing, but we have plans to improve this in the future. Sorry. For now, you'll have to do the split thing.

The CSV file created when I export all my Toodledo tasks is 411 kb. I have around 170 tasks in Toodledo.

The unusual thing is the inconsistency...that Toodledo creates a file it can't read.
--
dg
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 23, 2010
If you could please create a support ticket and attach the csv export file, we'll take a look and see why it is running out of memory. We may have a bug that we can fix that will improve importing.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.