ForumsQuestionsI'm not getting notifications on the iphone (v 2.0.5

I'm not getting notifications on the iphone (v 2.0.5
bruno.doddoli

Posted: Aug 19, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
All,
I've searched the forums and although I saw similiar issues I could not find my exact problem, so here it is:

Yesterday just bought my Toodledo App (version 2.0.5) for the Iphone, my account was setup already and tasks syncronize perfectly however I don't get notifications. I followed step by step the instructions but no lock. Below are the instructions and my comment will be in (CAPS).

To get remote notifications follow these steps:

Install or upgrade to version 1.5 of our iPhone App. This requires iPhone OS 3.0 to already be installed. (DONE, I HAVE 2.0.5)
Launch Toodledo on your iPhone. (DONE)
If it isn't already setup, configure synchronization. (DONE)
When it asks about remote notifications, click "Allow". (I DID) You may need to quit and relaunch Toodledo on the iPhone before it will ask you. If it still doesn't ask you, go into Apple's general "Settings" app and make sure that Notifications are enabled. (I DID IT TOO)
Go to Toodledo.com and go to the Tools & Services section. Click on "Reminders/Alarms".
Confirm that "iPhone" is selected as one of your reminder slots. (DONE)
If you cannot get past step 4 above, then this means that your iPhone is not able to properly register for Push Notifications. This could be because your iPhone was unofficially activated (jailbroken, unlocked to run on an unauthorized carrier), or that your carrier doesn't support Push Notifications. (MY PHONE WAS OFFICIALLY ACTIVATED, IT IS RUN BY ROGERS AND I DO GET PUSH NOTIFICATIONS FROM OTHER SERVICES, FACEBOOK, MESSENGER, ETC.)

What I am missing?

Thanks,
Bruno
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 20, 2010
You have everything setup correctly. Now you just need to create a reminder and it will be sent. To create a reminder, click the "remind me" checkbox on this website when editing the due-date. On the iPhone, you can set a reminder by picking a value in the "remind me" section when editing a task.
bruno.doddoli

Posted: Aug 24, 2010
Thanks for the reply. I've tried it with one task and I still did not get the reminder and even if that works I am not sure if this is what I need. I never enter tasks using the toodledo website or the iphone itself. I enter them in my Outlook at work then use the Chromatic Dragon tool to import them to toodledo...

By the sound of it, looks like toodle do does import tasks from outlook but they are imported without the reminders, right? Is this a question for this forum or for Chromatic Dragon?

Thanks again.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 24, 2010
If Outlook is not syncing reminders, then you'll need to contact Chromatic Dragon to see what the problem is.

http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/Default.aspx
jothiram.s

Posted: Aug 25, 2010
HI

Im also having the same problem. In my case I enter the tasks thorugh both iPhone and toodledo website and I set the reminders. Also I have reminders configured to be notified in the iPhone.

Still I dont get the notifications in my iPhone. Is there anything Im missing. Im using version 2.0.5

Thanks
Joe
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 25, 2010
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.