ForumsQuestionsthe problems of 2Do for iphone synchronization to Toodledo

the problems of 2Do for iphone synchronization to Toodledo
atzlm

Posted: Aug 24, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am a chinese users, used 2Do for iphone to synchronize toodledo. the problem is : 2Do note write with the chinese, synchronized to toodledo, toodledo note is automatically generates a bunch of characters, such as :<2Do Meta>%7B%22tasktype%22%3A2%2C%22uid%22%3A%222Do6DFDCF08-FCF8-43D3-ADAB-F5C73C6742FE%22%7D</2Do Meta>. Each note are, very boring. can you tell me how to solve the problem?
Transisto (redemption)

Score: -1 Reference
According to what I read in the 2do forum, Toodledo has been contacted about this issue.

Related... http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/5815/0/-.html
atzlm

Score: 0 Reference
thank you

The material from 2Do forums:
You are correct there are no projects in toodledo per say but if you create a project with tasks on your 2DO app and sync, toodledo will include a note on the task with a meta tag that may seem like foreign language to you but when you resync with the 2Do app, it will understand that the task is part of a project and put it in the proper place.

The note would look like something like this:

<2Do Meta>%7B%22tasktype%22%3A0%2C%22parentuid%22%3A%222Do280AE73E-C2CF-4B6E-AC63-DCAE01CFE412%22%7D</ 2Do Meta>

Toodledo is not the best to sync with a 2Do is more advanced but it does its job if you actually take a couple minutes to play around and see how it reads information from 2DO.

If you wish to play around with this concept, create a project on your 2DO app and add a couple tasks.

Sync with Toodledo and then login to your Toodledo account and look at the Meta it puts for that project.

If you wish to add another task to that same project, copy the note from one of the tasks already on that project, go to create a new task, select the correct folder (which would be the calendar), type in the task you want to add and paste the Meta code in the notes section of that task.

Once you resync you will see that the task has been added to the correct project under the correct calendar.

I know this is a lengthy tedious process but if you wish to know how it works, here is a little glimpse.

Hope this helps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.