ForumsQuestionsiCal feed sync with Google, then with iPhone

iCal feed sync with Google, then with iPhone
jehlke

Posted: Oct 15, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hi
I'm trying to get my ToodleDo tasks to sync with my iPhone calendar. I was able to sync ToodleDo with my Google calendar, and then sync my Google calendar with my iPhone calendar. However, since the ToodleDo events in Google calendar have no time set, only a day, for some reason this is not synced with the iPhone. Is there some way to get them to show up on the iPhone? Or is there a way to automatically assign a 'hour' to my ToodleDo tasks so that they show up in the sync?

Thanks..
oshaugm

I too am having iPhone calendar woes. The standard iPhone calendar is pitiful. I rarely use Google calendar, and Outlook and iCal are not useful options for me. I'll switch to Google if I must, but what I'd really like to see is a true calendar incorporated into ToodleDo: Not just tasks due, but also meetings, appointments, birthdays, etc, with optional times and durations -- rather than syncing with yet another product. I bought the ToodleDo iPhone app (which is great, by the way!) and upgraded to the Pro account. I'd be willing to upgrade further if it could get me this functionality.

If anyone has a good workaround I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks

This message was edited Oct 15, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
jehlke

One 'workaround' I found is to use the RSS feed here, and use Status Notifier app with Winterboard and the Home Screen theme so that I can see RSS feeds on the 'unlock iphone' screen, and so I will see my todo items :) It's of course not as good as also having it in my calendar though. I hope for some way to solve this. I just need to be able to assign a (default) time to 'floating'/untimed events, which ToodleDo imports into google calendar as.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.