ForumsQuestionsquestions from new user

questions from new user
nan

Posted: Sep 01, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have been using toodledo for a few days and simply cannot figure out a couple of things. There probably are obvious answers somewhere in help but I haven't found them, nor have my forum searches been successful.

First, how do I indicate that I have completed a task? I read about 'recently completed tasks' but the tasks I finished in the last two days are showing up as overdue. How do I put them in the completed category.

Second, I am not sure I want my tasks sorted by importance, but I have been unable to turn this feature off. I'd like to at least see what it's like without this.

Overall, I am pleased with Toodledo and finding it extremely user friendly. But I just haven't been able to figure out the answers to these two questions and would appreciate your help.

Thank you.
eykanal

Posted: Sep 01, 2010
Posted by nan:
First, how do I indicate that I have completed a task? I read about 'recently completed tasks' but the tasks I finished in the last two days are showing up as overdue. How do I put them in the completed category.

To the far left of every task is a little square box. Click on that box to indicate a task has been completed.

Second, I am not sure I want my tasks sorted by importance, but I have been unable to turn this feature off. I'd like to at least see what it's like without this.

At the very top of the screen you should see the words "View by:" followed by a bunch of links. Those allow you to sort your tasks however you want.

This message was edited Sep 01, 2010.
nan

Posted: Sep 02, 2010
Thank you. Both of your suggestions worked.

I had been checking the boxes next to tasks when I had finished them, but they stayed in view marked overdue. I've always thought that checking off a completed task is part of both the usefulness and the fun of making a list. But I'm a terrible procrastinator so the word "overdue" makes me nervous.

I'm still trying the different ways of sorting and organizing my tasks but simply hadn't clicked hard enough on the "View by" options.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 02, 2010
To sort your list by something other than Importance, use the "Sort" link in the toolbar above your list.

To make completed tasks disappear, use the "Hide Recently Completed" filter, under "Filters".
duffy.hawes

Posted: Sep 05, 2010
I only want to use Toodledo to sync my tasks, but my iCal events (appointments) are showing up as tasks in Toodledo. Is this because I subscribed to Live iCal?

I use Toodledo primarily to sync my iCal tasks with Appigo's Todo. I tried Appigo's sync service, but it only syncs when my devices are on the same wifi network. I need everywhere, all the time sync across my iPhone, iPad and Mac. Toodledo seems to be the answer, but not if it turns events into tasks.

Is there a way to accomplish my goals?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.