ForumsQuestionsNaming consistency - Any/All Due-Date/Priority/Context/etc.

Naming consistency - Any/All Due-Date/Priority/Context/etc.
ken

Posted: Sep 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
If I click on Any Due-Date, I get a list of all my tasks. This is counter-intuitive to how I interpret "Any Due Date." I take Any Due Date to mean "any task that has a due value" - any task with a non null due date field.

It appears the design is set up so that the left-most tab will show all tasks, regardless what view the user is on. So for Due-Date you have Any Due-Date, and for Contexts you have All Contexts. The problem is that there is a No Due Date and No Context field. This sets up the expectation that when you see "Any N", you will see all tasks that have at least one N (where N = due date, tag, context, etc.)

Currently, what these All/Any tags really mean is "All Tasks" *NOT* All/Any tag/context/due date/etc. Oddly enough, with Folders, you have a No Folders tag and an All Tasks tab - correctly labeled.

I'd like to request that we get the functionality of correctly interpreting "any" such that the Any Due-Date tab, for example, displays all tasks that have a due date - and tasks without a due date will be hidden on this tab.

If this functionality is not feasible (or perhaps in the meantime), please update the tab labels to be "All Tasks" when displaying all tasks. It is misleading to have a view/tab named All Contexts that lists items with no context.

This message was edited Sep 14, 2010.
Captain_Obvious

I completely agree,

If we were to get a "Thanks for the suggestion... todo" my head would explode.

"If it take less than 2 min, Just Do It !, "
-David Allen
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It took 3 minutes, but we did it anyway. However, you won't see it until we push out the next round of updates.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.