ForumsQuestionsSimple search fails

Simple search fails
david

Posted: Oct 06, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The following search fails to produce any results.

Checked Off: No
AND
Starred: Yes
AND
Is SubTask: Yes

Since I have many such tasks, I would expect this query to produce the expected results.
Salgud

After making sure I had a starred, incomplete subtask, I duplicated your filter, got the same results - no matching criteria! Using IE7 on WinXP.
PeterW 

This does work for me, so my guess is that you have the setting "Subtasks: Flattened-Hidden-Indented" set to either Hidden or Indented. Set them to Flattened and your filter will product results.
PeterW 

...and read this for an explanation: http://www.toodledo.com/info/subtasks.php
david

I really don't like to see flattened subtasks. It leads to obscurity. I use a parent task as a container to hold subtasks with specific sceduled dates; therefore, the parent task has no specific data unless I am constantly updating it to reflect the next uncompleted task (not desireable). I would like to check a task completed and that's it. Also, if a subtask is starred I would expect it to show up regardless of it's parent being starred or view state.

To circumvent this behavior, I would suggest two new user selectable options:
1) if I star a subtask, then automatically star the parent
2) Set the due date for a parent task to the ealiest non-completed task
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Search is currently limited in how it can search for subtasks. If you are in Hidden or Indented mode, then search will only find parent tasks. We plan to correct this in a future update.
Salgud

Posted: Oct 07, 2010
Posted by PeterW:
This does work for me, so my guess is that you have the setting "Subtasks: Flattened-Hidden-Indented" set to either Hidden or Indented. Set them to Flattened and your filter will product results.

Doh! Thanks, Peter.

I like the idea that if I star a subtask, the parent is automatically starred.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.