ForumsQuestionsFolders, Subfolders and Tasks

Folders, Subfolders and Tasks
Lisa

Posted: Oct 08, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm trying to wrap my head around how this works. I'm a Realtor. I'm looking to set up a folder for each client, then a subfolder for each property. Under each property (subfolder?), I'd like to list the tasks for each property. Is there a way to do this?
Stuart

Could I suggest you utilise the Context setup for your clients and setup a 'Project' or a main task folder called 'Property'. Assign a context for each client, and a new 'Project' folder for each property they view. Use the subfolders to create individual tasks under each Project 'Property' folder.

@context = Client
Project = Property
Project/Subtasts = Property/Task

Use the various views to organise your workload. View by Context to see each client, and open expand their folder to see all their properties and respective tasks by property.

You may also want to look at the new 'location' feature which may work better for you then the standard 'Project/Task' structure.

Regards
Stuart
Salgud

Posted by Lisa:
I'm trying to wrap my head around how this works. I'm a Realtor. I'm looking to set up a folder for each client, then a subfolder for each property. Under each property (subfolder?), I'd like to list the tasks for each property. Is there a way to do this?

Stuart's method works well. You also have other alternatives. If you have a pro account (a measly $15/yr), and therefore, subtasks, you could use a Folder for each client, a parent task for each property, and subtasks for each actual task. One of the advantages of doing it this way is if the tasks for a given property tend to be the same, you could create a template which you could then copy it for each new property. You could have all the possible tasks you might have for a property, copy the template, delete out any that don't apply to THIS specific property, add any unique ones, and have your list ready to go in a few minutes.

If you don't have a pro account, and don't want to get one, you could use any of the text based fields you're not already using for the client or the property. For example, if you're not using the Goals field, you can make it your client field (you can't actually rename it, you just think of it as "Clients" instead of "Goals". This "mentally renaming" of fields works for some, not so much for others.)

TD is very flexible, there isn't much it can't do if you understand it. And there's lot's of help here in these forums and the help screens for when you don't understand it. If any of these methods appeal to you and you don't know how to do it, just post a question and you'll probably get an answer within a day, if not sooner.

HTH
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.