ForumsQuestionsPlease make sharing free like on RTM!

Please make sharing free like on RTM!
elappenga

Posted: Oct 11, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I was so excited to find this tool. I have been using RTM and have some issues with the way it is set up and its lack of customization. However, the one thing it does have is the ability to share a list with another user - FREE. I work in education and use this feature to assign tasks to my student office assistants. I could upgrade to Pro, but don't have a budget to buy them each their own account or even a shared account. Please consider making some of your other features "pro users only" to make a pro account still attractive to the masses and "free" this feature so I can leave RTM!
Technocrap

The thing is, even if you paid... it'd still be sub-par.

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/6205/-32837/iphone-collaboration.html

I completely agree that SHARING should be FREE as it's one of the best publicity Toodledo could make.
elappenga

Score: 1 Reference
Ugh - you are so right, Technocrap! I didn't realize the iPhone app doesn't support it. That's a double setback. I will definitely be staying with RTM for now.

And you're absolutely right about it being a great publicity tool. I've shared an RTM task list with my office assistants, all undergrads, and they're all talking about getting RTM accounts now because they think it's so cool. Imagine what sharing could do for Toodledo!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the feedback. You can share in read-only mode on Toodledo right now, but if you need to assign tasks to other people, this is a Pro feature at this time.
Joyce

Here's a thought, Make it possible for one pro account to communicate with up to 5 free accounts, that way bigger accounts would need to buy accounts but small time things like a family could share an account. You'd still get some money, but as it is now, people like me, who'd have to buy 3 accounts to share and as a result don't buy any.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
That is a good idea.
piyush_soni

Posted: Oct 13, 2010
I like Joyce's idea. It's a win win for both, ToodleDo and users.
jonzenor

I would agree with that. And if you share with other pro accounts then it should not count as one of the 5. I would totally use that, and I know at least one other who complained about the same thing when he was deciding to use RTM or pay for Toodledo... if you had that he would have upgraded.
Micha

The major problem I have with sharing is currently that I can only share all (non-private) folders or none without using collab.

I'm working for different jobs and would like to provide my superiors with an overview of my current tasks and the progress. However they obviously shouldn't see the tasks I'm doing for the other jobs. I can't use the private folder feature because I need to share multiple folders.

The best solution would be that each folder receives a unique share url form which you can only access that single folder. Similiar to lists sharing of RTM.

Oh and please fix the subtask display in shared folders.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If you use the private sharing feature, you can share specific folders with specific people. It is setup to work exactly like you are describing where you can let different clients see different folders without them seeing each others.
Alan

Posted: Oct 14, 2010
I strongly agree with the idea of being able to share tasks with anyone and allowing that user to edit the task if they wish, including marking it complete. I believe, as others have said, that this is an excellent way to spread the word about Toodledo. You could even offer a discount on the first year of a Pro account to anyone is intrigued by Toodledo through a special URL on the linked page.

As someone in Marketing, our biggest challenge is always "stimulating trial". If Toodledo can resolve a customer issue and attract trial from potential customers, that would be great!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.