ForumsQuestionsFile Empty Error When Importing Outlook Tasks

File Empty Error When Importing Outlook Tasks
Chago

Posted: Oct 21, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello! I'm trying to import my tasks from Outlook 2003 into ToodleDo so I can use ToodleDo instead. I'm following the on-line instructions and the file that Outlook exports definitely has data in it.

However, when I attempt to import the data, after ToodleDo uploads the file, I get a message that says:

"That file was empty. Please select a file from your hard drive that is not empty."

I've seen this posted several times here, but there doesn't seem to have been a solution. Is there one for this? I reeeeeally would like avoid having to enter the tasks manually.

Thanks in advance!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It might be because the file is too big. When the file is to big, the upload fails, hence the counterintuitive "empty file" error message. You can try splitting the file in half, or reduce the file size by only exporting active tasks from Outlook (don't export completed tasks).
Chago

I can try that. What would be considered an OK size? The file I'm trying to import is less than 100k.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
100k is small enough. It must be another problem. Please create a support ticket and attach the file so we can help.
Chago

Posted: Oct 23, 2010
It may be the fact that I was using the browser Google Chrome v6.0.472.63 (one of the most recent versions, I believe). When I tried to upload the file using IE 7.0.5730.13 (all on an updated XP machine), it worked.

Thanks for the help.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.