ForumsQuestionsMultiple Edit

Multiple Edit
SteveUrich

Posted: Oct 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I understand that it is a popular requests to have the ability to do a multiple added on several past at one time.

The search feature allows you to edit multiple items assumes that you have somehow put identifying information that you can search on when you initially did your mind dump which is not always the case.

You think we'll ever see this feature in Toodledo.

Thanks,

Steve
Salgud

Posted: Oct 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Don't doubt we'll see it, but when is anyone's guess. There is a pretty simple workaround, though it involves a few steps.

Take your starred list, and multi-edit some field in it, with a unique identifier. E.g., give it a Status you never use for anything else, or just a temporary tag, like "Temp" or something. Destar the tasks at the same time. Enter them.

Now, go and Star all the tasks you want to multi-edit, and filter for them and edit them. Destar them when you edit them.

Finally, filter on the unique attribute or tag you applied to the original starred tasks, delete or change the unique attribute back to their previous normal attribute and destar them. Voila!

A few steps, but it gets the job done, and doesn't really take very long.

One tip: If you have a set of tasks that you know you're going to need to multi-edit in the future, give them a unique attribute so you can search on that attribute down the road.

Also, I use some fields just for this purpose, and have them filtered in with others so that this kind of task shows up in my other lists as needed. For example, I don't normally use the Status "Next Action". But I've included it in my various Searches that I use to create my daily Starred tasks list. This way, if I want to be able to isolate a group of tasks to multi-edit, I can give them a "Next Action" status. But I've added "Next Action" status to my various Searches so those tasks will still show up when I'm planning my day. Of course, you can use this in just the reverse way as well.

I would like to see a "Marked" checkbox available next to the Star. Then, just like starring, we could just go down the list and Mark the tasks we want to multi-edit, Search on Marked, and edit away. That would definitely be easier.

HTH
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.