ForumsQuestionsQueues

Queues
peterttseng

Posted: Oct 25, 2010
Score: -1 Reference
Is there any way to create queues? This would be much better for me in many cases than the date/importance sorting. Many tasks do not require a due date, so I'd rather just order them by the order in which I want to complete them.

Currently I have a pool of tasks with no date that sit at the bottom. When I think I might want to do something, I set the due date to "Today". However, often I end up just moving tasks from day to day because I don't get to them. If I could create queues I wouldn't have to do a thing, except maybe mark them when I want to complete them soon (show up in hotlist maybe).
sprouty76

Posted: Oct 26, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Couldn't you tag the relevant tasks with "queue" (or similar) and set the priorities, then create a saved search for items with that tag. You can then sort it by priority.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 26, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
You could also consider using the "star" for this.

If you want to manually reorder them, you'll have to use subtasks, which support manually sorting.
peterttseng

Posted: Oct 27, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for your suggestions :)

I think I will try using subtasks for this, and use priority to make tasks appear in the hotlist.

However, formal support for queues would be very cool, maybe as just another way to sort, e.g. "Sort by: Manual", or as another top-level view. With drop-and-drop of course.

@sprouty: Using priorities to sort won't work because the queue could grow pretty big, and I don't want to read through it to find tasks. If they stay in order I can just pull off the top. The saved search idea is interesting - I didn't know about that function. I probably won't use it now, but good to know.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.