ForumsQuestionsmindmapping software to form efficient toodledo

mindmapping software to form efficient toodledo
wallmjunk

Posted: Oct 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am looking for the best mind-mapping app online & free (free because i plan to only use it this once, but will consider pay)

I have a great start with the advice i have received on my first question. I have created a mind-map with what I have learned so far.
EXAMPLE:
brackets are tags
T=Time? like: what day, s=start time, f= finish time, or just a time like 15 min...
W=where? small letters designate s=store w=work etc.
P=priority 1,2...
R=research

todo today>toodle research (Wh)(Tf 10 p.m.)>find mindmap app (P1) (I) (Wh) (R) >Redo toodledo list (H) (R)>print booklet (H) (R)

todo week>food shop (T m,tu,th)(Ws)>see what we have (Wh T20min (R)>.... and on and on ..

oh this looks crazy.

what I would like to do is put this in a mind map software that would branch this all out.
but with a click it would reorganize and branch by Time or Where or .....

The reason why I would do it this way is that I would see the simplest gestalt of which system: time,where,...looks the simplest to follow and makes the best sense.
Then I would create the hierarchy based on that.
Since you cannot reorganize with the booklet print (which I rely upon heavily) I cant just click another tab to view things differently.

So best mind-map? is there a better way of finding which way works?

Ok, this is the last question for awhile...lots to do with the info I got already.

Thanks again!
wally
SRhyse

Posted: Oct 28, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
None of the web app mindmapping options would be able to do that to my knowledge, but there are two solid PC/Mac options via download-

Your completely free option is Freemind-
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freemind/files/freemind-unstable/0.9.0_RC10/FreeMind-Windows-Install er-0.9.0_RC_10-max-java-installer-embedded.exe/download

Your free to try option is Mindmanager 9-
http://www.mindjet.com

Using filters that you can make in Freemind or Mindmanager, you can have all your information entered in however you like, then based on either text contained within the 'nodes' or attributes you can custom make and assign to them, only have the ones you'd like be displayed at a time.

Though I have no idea what the part of your message dealing with what you're looking to put into the mindmaps says, you can indeed filter by that info in both programs, a little more intuitively in Freemind. Sorting, on the other hand, might be a bit trickier, but can be done on atleast priority in Mindmanager, if not by time as well.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.