ForumsQuestionsAre there plans for a native Toodledo Android app?

Are there plans for a native Toodledo Android app?
usastra

Posted: Oct 29, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm currently using an iphone, but am thinking about switching to Android and was wondering if there are plans to create a native Android app?
I know there's third party developers that can sync with toodledo, but they somehow don't intergrate as well as for example the native iphone app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 29, 2010
We do not have immediate plans to make an Android app.
AJS

Posted: Oct 30, 2010
I am using Got to Do on the android and have to say it is the best mobile task app I have come across. Loads of features and syncs very nicely with Toodledo web app. I apid the paltry £2 fee on the same day I installed it, because it really does seem to be outstanding value.
usastra

Posted: Oct 31, 2010
thanks! looks interesting.
In this review it mentions that the synchronisation with toodledo is 'janky'.
http://androinica-serve.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/BestGTDAndroidAppDroidVsDroid.png
Have you noticed any problems with the syncing?

This message was edited Oct 31, 2010.
vcimatt

Posted: Oct 31, 2010
I noticed that they use the term 'janky', too. Googled it, seems to mean poor quality. However, that's not the case so far. Everything has been syncing perfectly.

I chose Got To Do for the sub-tasks support. It was the only one I could find with that feature, for the Evo. I chose Toodledo, since that was what Got To Do would sync with and it has a lot of features.
AJS

Posted: Nov 01, 2010
Posted by usastra:
thanks! looks interesting.
In this review it mentions that the synchronisation with toodledo is 'janky'.
http://androinica-serve.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/BestGTDAndroidAppDroidVsDroid.png
Have you noticed any problems with the syncing?

The lite version is free, I would suggest you give it a try. It seems to sync perfectly to me but maybe I am missing something.
usastra

I don't have an android phone yet. I'm still using the iphone and just want to make sure that all my covers are based before I make the switch.
AJS

I can't open that link where it mentions the sync being 'janky', the link seems to be broken. I did find this review on the Androinica site which is where the review came from:

http://androinica.com/2010/03/20/get-more-done-with-got-to-do-a-freemium-android-application/

Very favourable review in general.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Syncing of "Got to Do" will probably be a little "janky" at least until the next update comes out. The way it implements syncing is that everyone's app will sync in the background at the same time (on the hour). This is causing a large spike in traffic to our server, and we are unable to handle all of it. You may have noticed that Toodledo is very slow for about 2 minutes on the hour, every hour. We are working with the developer to resolve this issue. Currently the Android app may not always be able to sync completely. You can resolve this issue right now by disabling background syncing and sync manually until the next update comes out.
PeterW 

Damned droids!

Glad you are onto this.
usastra

Posted: Nov 02, 2010
So it doesn't sync automatically as soon as one makes a change like in the iphone version.
This is a biggie for me as I will probably forget to sync at times.
AJS

Posted: Nov 02, 2010
No it doesn't sync on changes, it syncs by default every 30 mins or longer depending how you set it. You can also sync manually if you need an immediate sync and between the two I manage fine. Like vicmatt who posted earlier, I haven't noticed any sync failures to date so am happy enough for now.

EDIT:

There's a new android app Ulitmate-to-do-List which has just been announced in the 3rd Party software forum which seems to have all the features you require: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/8195/0/announcing-ultimate-to-do-list-for-android.html

This message was edited Nov 02, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.