ForumsQuestionsEdit subtasks in Multiple Edit option

Edit subtasks in Multiple Edit option
Varun Bhatta

Posted: Nov 07, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have around 50 subtasks for a parent task. I can do search and get all of these in the multiple edit page. But I want to change their parent task [shifting from one parent to another]. Is there a way? The current multiple edit doesnt give this option.

Is there a way where I can extract and import back with a different parent task? Would that be messier?
SRhyse

Just changing the name and attributes of the parent task they're already in won't suffice? You can also just duplicate the parent task they're already in with all it's subtasks intact, and edit that duplicate one's parent task if you wanted to keep the original.

Within the webapp, the only way I could think to do that with a long list of subtasks is to export as a spreadsheet, then either-
- Edit that spreadsheet
- Copy out the task names from that spreadsheet, then paste them into the multiple add subtask option recently introduced

In both of those cases, you'd lose the task attributes if they differed from the parent task.

If you sync with an iPhone app that isn't the official Toodledo one, however, things like are pretty easy. In Todo, 2Do or Pocket Informant, you can multiselect things on the fly, then simply move them to a new parent task from a popup list.

This message was edited Nov 07, 2010.
Varun Bhatta

Thanks for replying.
I had solved the problem by creating a duplicate, as you have mentioned. But just wanted to know is there any easier workaround.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 08, 2010
At this time there is not a way to bulk move subtasks between parents. I'll put this on the to-do list.
Varun Bhatta

Posted: Nov 08, 2010
@Toodledo - That would be nice. Thanks!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.