ForumsQuestionsReminders not being received

Reminders not being received
replytoken

Posted: Nov 07, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I am guessing there may be a DST problem with G-Mail, but I am not receiving my reminders from my Pro account or my free account today. I have checked my account settings, and they appear fine. Is anybody else having this problem at present? My reminders are normally received like clockwork (pun intended).

--Ken
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 07, 2010
I just did a test and it worked OK for me - i.e. Toodledo sent an SMS to me. I don't use the Toodledo iPhone app so I don't know if push is working.
replytoken

Posted: Nov 08, 2010
Thanks for the reply, Peter. I have not yet tried SMS or my Android client, GTD. G-Mail is my primary repository of reminders, and normally runs fine. I just tried another one, and still no reminder. Very odd.

UPDATE - I just sent a TD folder to the same address, and it was received in seconds. I am guessing the problem lies somewhere on the server or in the program handling the alarms.

--Ken

This message was edited Nov 08, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Apple has been having some problems with daylight savings. This is being widely reported in the news. Please check your account settings on Toodledo.com and make sure that your time is displayed correctly.

More info about timezones and DST: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=113
replytoken

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I am not using any Apple products, but I am sorry to hear they are having problems. As of this morning, an alarm that I set last night came through fine, but those set for the near future (say 30 minutes or less) are not. Is there a certain amount of time that is needed for the server to process the request?

--Ken
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Alarms need to be set about 30 minutes into the future to guarantee that they will get processed. Please check your time settings in your account settings to make sure that they are accurate.
replytoken

Posted by Toodledo:
Alarms need to be set about 30 minutes into the future to guarantee that they will get processed. Please check your time settings in your account settings to make sure that they are accurate.

Some of my tests may have been set for less than 30 minutes in the future, so that may explain why they were not being sent.

Thank you,

--Ken
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.