ForumsQuestionsIPhone: "Remind me" not in Settings/Fields

IPhone: "Remind me" not in Settings/Fields
andersmjorgensen

Posted: Nov 08, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
The thread of this topic is now over a year old and has been locked. I wanted to remind toodledo to fix the iPhone app so we can enter default values for the "Remind Me" field and not have to remember to enter a reminder every time we enter a new task. I am quoting the original post. Any new on this toodledo?

"It appears that the "Remind me" field is not in the Settings options of the IPhone versions of Toodledo. For me, when I create a new task, the "Remind me" field is between Due Date and Due Time. I'd like to rearrange the field and give it an appropriate default, but, since it is not in the Settings, I cannot.

Known bug?"
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 08, 2010
The "remind me" field is linked to the "due-date" field, just like it is on this website. But, we are trying to find a way to have it have a default value and be reorderable. Due to the way that the iPhone UI is designed, this is a little tricky to do cleanly.
kevin

Posted: Dec 03, 2010
Yes, PLEASE work on fixing this feature. This is also a daily frustration of mine. Not hard to manually click and open the context menu, but sometimes forget to do this extra step then tasks slip off the radar.
ctenorman

Posted: Dec 05, 2010
This is also a really critical field for me. Having re-migrated back to toodledo from reqall, the amount of time it takes to add a new task takes some getting used to. Having this streamlined would help a lot. 3 fewer taps makes a big difference. Thanks!
andersmjorgensen

Posted: Dec 06, 2010
I recently updated the toodledo iPhone app and now there is no reminder field at all. There is also no reminder field in the "unused fields" list. I have tried reinstalling it, I have tried deleting all the data from my phone and starting over. Please help.

This message was edited Dec 06, 2010.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The "reminder" field is linked to the due-date field, so it will only appear if you are using the due-date field.
andersmjorgensen

I am using the due-date field, but there is no reminder field attached to it like there was in the previous version of the iPhone app.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Can you please open a support ticket and include the fields that you have enabled/disabled and which alarm option to have picked in the Alarms settings page?

Thanks
andersmjorgensen

Posted: Dec 07, 2010
I can't find a place to enter a support ticket so here is my description of my problem: The fields I have used are,in my "Account Settings" Folder, due date, due time, repeat, priority, star, location.

On the iPhone toodledo app the following fields are shown as "Fields Used": Priority (default low), due date (default next week), due time (default 8:00), star (no default), folder (no default), repeat (no default). The following fields are shown as "Unused fields": Context, Goal, Start Date, Length, Tag, Status, Start Time, Location.

Note that location is listed as enabled on the web site, but not enabled on the iPhone. When I got synchronization options on the iPhone I have enabled all three sliders: sync on start/quit, sync on edit, and sync timezone.

When I hit the sync button in settings it turn to a "wait" button and probably takes about 30-45 seconds until it turns to sync again (on wifi), and I currently have about 100 tasks and no notebooks.
PeterW 

Posted by andersmjorgensen:
I can't find a place to enter a support ticket...

It's well hidden!

Here is a direct link: http://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php
andersmjorgensen

Solved. I discovered that the there was no longer an iPhone reminder listed in the 5 different reminders that we can set on the website. Once that was fixed the remind me field reappeared on the phone. I don't know how this could happen, but I upgraded my iPhone OS and then restored the phone contents, including the toodledo app, and then upgraded the toodledo app. Why this would affect the website I don't know, but may be useful knowledge to some.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.