ForumsQuestionsno-task folder disappears

no-task folder disappears
blueflash

Posted: Nov 12, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I have (had) a folder called Groceries. I add tasks like celery, soup, etc. When I complete these tasks (buy the groceries) the folder becomes unavailable. If I add a task (eggs), the Groceries folder isn't an option.

I think it used to stay around. Did I set something by mistake?

TIA
Don
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It sounds like you made the Groceries folder an archived folder. You can check and correct this in the folder management page on the left side of this screen.
blueflash

That was it -- thanx
blueflash

Posted: Nov 13, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
It sounds like you made the Groceries folder an archived folder. You can check and correct this in the folder management page on the left side of this screen.

Yeah, you were right THAT time, but . . .
So I created a new folder called Recipes. When I click To-Do List in the left column, it doesn't show (no tasks). If I go to Folders in the left column, it's there, and shown as not archived.
I go back to the To-Do List view and it's still not there. I tried Archiving it; saving; unarchiving; saving, but it's still not there.
So it looks like simply Archiving isn't the answer.
Suggestions?
TIA
Don
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 15, 2010
You may have more folders than can fit on the screen. Try clicking the "More" tab in the top right corner to see the extra folders that didn't fit.
blueflash

Posted: Nov 18, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
You may have more folders than can fit on the screen. Try clicking the "More" tab in the top right corner to see the extra folders that didn't fit.

How can I have more than fits on the PC screen? It creates a scroll bar to see everything. That's not it.
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 18, 2010
Don,

I don't understand what you mean when you say "I go back to the To-Do List view". Exactly what are you clicking on - the 'View by' bar at the top or the sidebar menu that has "To Do List" at the top?

If it's the latter, then this will cause Toodledo to load the page you have set as the default view in your account settings. Look here: http://www.toodledo.com/account_edit.php?edit=7.

If this is set to anything other than "Folder", then you won't see the Recipes folder because you're asking Toodledo to load a view that doesn't display folders (e.g. Main, Context, etc).

You don't need to use the 'To Do List' link on the left side of the screen unless you are in another screen where tasks are not displayed (such as Account Settings page, Help, Tools & Services, etc). If you can see tasks on the screen, then you should only be using the 'View by' bar at the top. Click on 'Folders' and you will see your Recipes folder. Click on other views to display your tasks in other ways.

This message was edited Nov 18, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.