ForumsQuestionsEmailing attachements

Emailing attachements
milanrybar77

Posted: Nov 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all,

after few weeks of testing i found that toodledo is best task management system for me.I subscribe as Pro Plus.

And now my problem:
Im using outlook as email program (corporate using exchange). No problem with email task to Toodledo with attachements like excel files etc.
I can setup outlook client to forward messages as whole mesage is attached in one file. Testing it to forward it to another emails (hotmail, gmail) and it works OK.

Problem is with Toodledo. This attached file is not attached to my emailed task.

Have any ideas why ?

Thank you for your help, Milan
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 27, 2010
Toodledo cannot currently handle the situation where an attachment is in an email, and that email is itself attached to another email. This "double wrapping" of attachments causes problems for Toodledo. We are working on this, but in the meantime, try to send the attachments in the original email.
milanrybar77

Posted: Nov 30, 2010
Nice to hear that you are working on this !
It will be very nice have attached original email from outlook.
alexandremrj_2

Posted: Dec 01, 2010
You have to program outlook to forward messages as inline instead of attachment. This way you have the email as body and the files attached only to the forward mail.
milanrybar77

Posted: Dec 31, 2010
yes i know i can forward emails as inline, but than I loose formating and of course quick way to reply to original email.
milanrybar77

Posted: May 16, 2011
Any news on this - attach email from outlook "double wrapped".
What i want is simple - when i forward email to toodledo have whole email as attachement. Like attached excel file, simple open it in excel when needed. Same attached email, open it in outlook.

Beside that, after half year of be premium user I must say that toodledo is perfect ;)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 16, 2011
Sorry, no news on the double wrapped email attachment bug. It is very difficult and rare.

Glad you like Toodledo regardless.
br_guilherme

Posted: Jun 03, 2011
Any update so far?? I'm just through with reading Getting Things done and decided to reorganize my workflow with toodledo since you guys seem to have the best solution on the market for that purpose..

but the email thing really seems like a tedious hoop for most people (like myself) who get lots of tasks via gmail with important attachments...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 03, 2011
Sorry. We haven't found a solution yet.
Rogerdcarpenter

Posted: Sep 16, 2011
I am a Pro Plus member and I have been using the email with attachment extensively. For about 2 weeks now none of my attachments are coming into ToodleDo. I have plenty of space left. Help!! This is shutting my whole process down.

This message was edited Sep 16, 2011.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Sep 16, 2011
Can you please create a support ticket for this so that we can look into your account and see what the problem is?

Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.