ForumsQuestionsProblems synching Toodledo and Outlook

Problems synching Toodledo and Outlook
mcp

Posted: Nov 27, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi all,

I've been looking for a loooong time for a way to get rid of that dozen of paper sheets spread around my office and home desks. My devices are a PC with Outlook 2007 and an iPhone.

These are my needs:
- lists that can be separated in larger groups (Work, House, ...); inside each group, task lists (House - supermarket list, decoration, cars, ...; Work - Project A, Reporting, ...); inside each task list, the tasks themselves or, ideally, sub-groups and then task lists and finally the tasks;
- possibility of creating tasks on both devices and synchronizing directly into their groups and task lists.

Here is want I found until now:
- I bought Todo (a great product btw) and recently Toodledo in order to sync with Outlook; Todo and Toodledo work correctly but they comunicate with a simple task list in Outlook (no groups or task lists), which makes it impossible for me to organize myself using Outlook;
- I explored Outlook's task manager a bit more and found I can create groups and task lists; the original task list named generically ‘tasks’ stays there and you can’t delete it; now, Outlook task manager is looking great, but it’s synchronizing with Toodledo in a weird way – the new groups (and the task lists and tasks inside them) created in Outlook don’t appear in Toodledo; on the original Outlook group, the new task lists (and the tasks inside) don’t appear either; and even some of the tasks created on the original task list called ‘tasks’ don’t appear too; in the opposite direction, if I create a new task or a new task list on Toodledo and then tasks inside this list (in Toodledo terms, this means creating a new task and sub-tasks inside), they will always appear only on the original Outlook task list called ‘tasks’ with no difference between tasks and sub-tasks.

Any help? This is an important issue for me, I appreciate your patience.

Best regards, Miguel Caldeira Proenca
Jake

Toodledo Founder
The Outlook Sync tool was made by a third-party developer. Please contact them for support with their product. They can be reached at : http://www.chromadrake.com/ChromaticDragon/software/ToodledoSyncInfo.aspx

Hope that helps.
mcp

Hi, thanks for your reply and for your advice.

I still have one question: isn't there a pc version of Todo?; this would solve the issue without having to put Outlook in the middle of the problem.

Thanks for your time. Best regards. MCP
PeterW 

Todo is also made by another company (Appigo) and to my knowledge they don't have a PC version. They do now have an online (cloud) version, and they also have a sync utility that enables direct connection to Outlook via wireless.
mcp

Posted: Nov 28, 2010
Sorry, I thought both were made my the same company. But both (Todo and Toodledo) are very satisfactory to me, so my question remains about Toodledo - isn't there a locally installed pc version of Toodledo? that comunicates directly with the online and therefore with iphone. Thanks, best regards, MCP
PeterW 

Posted: Nov 28, 2010
A third-party developer has released a PC-based application that syncs with Toodledo - it's named TaskAngel.

http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/3967/0/taskangel-for-windows-syncs-directly-with-toodledo.html
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.