ForumsQuestionsGoogle Docs Integration

Google Docs Integration
FoxMulder

Posted: Nov 07, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Hopefully there is someone more technically inclined that can provide a solution. Toodledo has apis and Google docs has apis. Maybe the following is possible.

I would like to pull task data into a Google spreadsheet based on search parameters. Like all completed tasks and/or all tasks with status and date attributes like created, started, completed dates.

Thank you very much in advance for any possible help with this.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Nov 08, 2008
If you use the CSV export option from our export section, you should be able to import this into Excel or a Google spreadsheet.
FoxMulder

Thank you for your reply. I was hoping for something a little more seemless. The export to CSV then to excel and then to Google spreadsheet does not seem like a process that could be automated.

Since there are so many ways to connect with Toodledo whether by iphone, RSS, etc I was hoping that the API would allow integration with Google doc especially if an iGoogle gadget can be created from it. I would love to be able to manipulate task information from Google Spreadsheets.
MikeyP

I use the online spreadsheet at editgrid.com. It has remote data functions that can pull data from various internet-connected sources.

Specifically, it has a function called web_csv() that can import CSV data from other web sites. I tried using this function by pointing it at the url "http://www.toodledo.com/csv.php", but it didn't work. I assume there is an intentional authentication barrier here.

Editgrid can also import RSS, which seems to work fine. I enabled RSS on my toodledo account and used the web_feed() function to display my active To-Do list.

As a feature request, it might be nice to have a "secret URL path" to the CSV data.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
FoxMulder

Thanks MikeyP, Perfect. I have gone through the same dilemma as you and have been successful importing into spreadsheets via CSV with csv database type software not as robust as Toodledo. I realized as well that the Toodledo CSV is in the category of importing and exporting and not connection.

I imported the RSS into a spreadsheet program but the ability to customize or query specific info even on a cell by cell level did not seem possible.

Looks like your explanation communicated better than mine. Hopefully access to CSV data will be as readily available as RSS.
FoxMulder

Posted: Dec 15, 2008
Close to a Google Docs integration. I was able to use the get tasks api to import all tasks into a spreadsheet doc but the token ran out. All that is missing is a way to dynamically generate the api request for at the very least a read only display of tasks.

Anyone have any ideas?

This message was edited Dec 15, 2008.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.