ForumsQuestionsPersonal & Work Tasks

Personal & Work Tasks
ewolok

Posted: Dec 07, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I'm brand new to Toodledo and I have been trying to find guides for Toodledo to see how people manage their tasks. All of the blog posts or online videos that I have seen are dedicated entirely to managing work tasks. How do people setup Toodledo to manage both their work and personal tasks together? Do I need two different toodledo accounts?
Michael Crouse

Personally I use @home as a separate context. I also use @Home-Project and @Work-Project to designate either work or home projects. I have read where others use folders to get the same outcome.

Good luck in your use of Toodledo.
Michael
PeterW 

One Toodledo account should suffice. You simply need to use contexts or tags or folders or a combination of these to help separate your work and home tasks.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 08, 2010
I use both Contexts and Folders for this purpose. Tasks pertaining to home go in the Home folder, tasks pertaining to work in the Work folder. But I also have a Work and a Home context. That's because sometimes a task that has to do with home and is in the Home folder, actually has to be done while I'm at work, like calling a repairman to set an appointment. So this task resides in my Home folder, but has a context of Work.

I'm sure others have entirely different systems, TD is so flexible.

This message was edited Dec 08, 2010.
Andrew A

Posted: Dec 08, 2010
Similiar to Salgud, I have work and no work related contexts, use folders for projects that are both related to work and no work projects.

Don't be shy about trying out a system, and then scraping it after you've gotten smarter about how you best track your own time.
Salgud

Posted: Dec 09, 2010
I should have mentioned above that when I first started using TD, I "played" with it for a while. As Andrew has suggested, just try things, see what works for you and what doesn't. For the first month or so, I tagged everything I felt like tagging, without worrying about a tagging "system". And I used context and status and tried all the features on for size. With time, I sifted down to my present system, which works very well for me. It's so easy to change things around using Multi-edit, that there's very few things you can't change once you decide how to use, or not to use, a given feature.
Stuart

Posted: Dec 10, 2010
There's a great thread here on Toodledo usage.

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

I use the GTD set up described in the first post and it works really well for me.

Stuart
piyush_soni

Posted: Dec 10, 2010
@above:

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/0/proximos-gtd-setup.html

for non-pro users. (removed s from https)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.