ForumsQuestionsTwo Beginner Questions:

Two Beginner Questions:
zara.saliba

Posted: Dec 08, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hi!

I have got my toodledo account recently, and am loving it, but I do have two questions:

Question 1 - Password Protecting Specific Files:

I used my account for my office, and have staff also check it for self management purposes. I also have a folder for "@home" tasks which I want to be able to password protect so that my staff cannot see/make amendments to/delete my home tasks.

I don't want to make a seperate account for home tasks (unless there is a way of using the iphone app with 2 accounts at the same time - i.e. not having to log out and in to switch between the two accounts, (if this is possible, I am up for suggestions!)), and I also do not want my staff to use their own toodledo accounts and 'share' folders across, as my system is working perfectly as it is, except for this one small issue.

Question 2 - Folder View, hiding subtasks:

I have folders for each staff member and an overall work folder of stuff that anyone can do if they have time. Each folder has 'parent' tasks. I like to view acording to folder, then by task/subtask.

My query is, in the overall 'work' folder, is there any way of hiding the subtasks?

For instance:

Staff Member A has X 'parent task', which has 5 subtasks. In "X Work File", X can see 'parent task' and the 5 subtasks. Staff Member Y checks the site to see 'other work', and finds a subtask from X's parent task...

How do I make it so that the subtasks aren't ending up in the Work File? Do I have to individually go in and select them as 'folder/ X Work'?

Thanks in advance for the help!

This message was edited Dec 08, 2010.
zara.saliba Post deleted
zara.saliba

Hi - I have worked out the answer to Question 2, I didn't have subtasks as hidden :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It is not possible to have a secondary password on specific sections of Toodledo. There is only the one signin password.
alexandremrj_2

Why not export your folder @work to an RSS reader in the office for your staff. That way you are the only one with acess and the office staff can only read your tasks in the folders specified.
zara.saliba

Posted: Dec 09, 2010
Thanks for the advice - I hadn't thought of that!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.