ForumsQuestionsIs Show All Completed Tasks View Coming?

Is Show All Completed Tasks View Coming?
mnchrisgilson

Posted: Dec 13, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
From several earlier posts it looks like the "Show all completed tasks" view is not available in folders, only "Show recenlty completed tasks". I house all of the tasks of a project in a folder designated for that project. With the current settings, unless that task was completed within the last week, it disappears out of the folder. I know I could do a search in the history, but if I want to see information about a project I would rather the folder be able to show me all the information about the project. Is this feature on the roadmap to be added?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 13, 2010
Tasks completed more than 1 week ago can only be found via the search page. Some people who have been using Toodledo for awhile could have thousands of completed tasks, and this would cause the page to load too slowly if we showed all of them. In most cases, 1 week of history is sufficient, but if you need more you can always create a saved search for that folder with all of them.
mnchrisgilson

Posted: Dec 22, 2010
I am using the Getting Things Done method for organizing my tasks. In the description on this site it suggests using folders to house projects. It seems a little redundant to both create a folder and create a saved search every time you start a project. I can understand about the load time, but couldn't that issue be avoided by not making that the default option, burying the option somewhere in the settings, using lots of "are your sure you want to turn this on" warnings or something?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Salgud

Posted by mnchrisgilson:
I am using the Getting Things Done method for organizing my tasks. In the description on this site it suggests using folders to house projects. It seems a little redundant to both create a folder and create a saved search every time you start a project. I can understand about the load time, but couldn't that issue be avoided by not making that the default option, burying the option somewhere in the settings, using lots of "are your sure you want to turn this on" warnings or something?

It does seem redundant. So why do it?
PeterW 

Posted by mnchrisgilson:
I am using the Getting Things Done method for organizing my tasks. In the description on this site it suggests using folders to house projects.

I'm also someone who follows the GTD method but I don't use folders for projects in Toodledo. I use a single folder named 'Projects' and create parent tasks for each project. Each parent task has multiple subtasks, each representing the various tasks (actions). I find this works better for me and keeps the number of folders to a minimum.
stiqbal

Posted: Apr 19, 2011
I agree with the above comments and from several users before. I would like an option to see all completed tasks by folder. I know there is a risk of slowing down the screen, but the option is essential as there are a lot completed tasks that have information and files that need to be retrieved. This is a big oversight.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 19, 2011
You can do this with a saved search already.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.