ForumsQuestionsCollapse Folders - Why won't you fix this??

Collapse Folders - Why won't you fix this??
nestlerode

Posted: Dec 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,

Users have been asking for years for a fix to the automatically expanded folders in the Notebook section. What's the point of having folders if they are always expanded? From a usability perspective, this is extremely counter-productive to the point of being unusable. No other GUI in existence would have folders expanded by default. I mean, seriously, what is your thinking here? How is this possibly useful? Can't you at least give us a "collapse all" button if you're unwilling to change the default behavior? Please, I beg you - fix this.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Ok, thanks for the feedback. This is still on our to-do list. I am sorry that we have not gotten to it yet.
PeterW 

Posted by nestlerode:
From a usability perspective, this is extremely counter-productive to the point of being unusable. No other GUI in existence would have folders expanded by default.

That's not quite correct.

The iPhone's native mail app behaves exactly like this. Mail folders are always open and cannot be collapsed. My iPhone syncs with my company's Microsoft Exchange server so the list of folders is immense. Apple hasn't addressed this despite thousands of requests from users. Windows CE had this feature years ago.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.