ForumsQuestionssyncronization doubles entries

syncronization doubles entries
martzsales

Posted: Dec 14, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
When I sync toodledo with either my Itouch or HTC Evo I get doubled entries. If I sync again, I get triple entires and so on. The Evo droid will let me purge the data and start over. The itouch only lets me purge completed tasks. How can I sync without double entries and how can I get my Itouch to delete all tasks if they are not completed other than selecting one at a time and then purging. There is not a select all. Thanks, Dan
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 15, 2010
You are using a third-party product which is obviously not syncing correctly. Please contact the company that makes the product that you are using.
martzsales

Posted: Dec 17, 2010
I'm exporting a CSV file from my Outlook and then importing into Toodledo online. The CSV file puts my tasks both in "recently added" and "recently modified" and in "all tasks". I can't see a way to control this. I have a list of current jobs that I keep as a reference for past and present so I guess they are recurring and then I add to it as I get jobs and add notes. If I import again they will double online unless I delete all the data. I'm using Toodle Droid on my HTC Evo and have got the jobs to sync correctly but the notes are incomplete. I did have to delete all the data in Toodledo and re-import them and then sync again. For my Itouch, I have Toodledo but it has installed double entries, maybe because I have the recently added and recently modified folders with the same info and it's adding both. I could try Toodeldo Sync. The developer gives strong warnings about data loss so I'm concerned about the applet being safe? Is there a way to set up a 2 way or one way sync either way? I can't delete the data on my Itouch because I don't have it marked as complete. It's not complete because I want the job list recurring for reference. Not sure if your 3rd party product reference is to software or phone/itouch hardware. I'm using Toodledo on everything. Frustrated
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 18, 2010
"Recently added", "recently modified" and "all tasks" are just different ways to look at a subset of your tasks. They are not different lists, so it is appropriate for tasks to appear in all of three places. Think of each tab on this website as a window into your master list.

CSV Importing will always add every task inside the file to your list. If you already have the task in your list, then it will get duplicated. Importing is not the same as syncing. For syncing, you'll need to refer to the company that makes the app that you are using to sync with your HTC.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.