ForumsQuestionsDon't grab my F5 Key please !

Don't grab my F5 Key please !
piyush_soni

Posted: Dec 23, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
This is the key many people use really frequently. And as you know, since ToodleDo doesn't automatically update new tasks added via other sources, we have to refresh it more often than not - and its really annoying when F5 does something else. Btw, is auto updating the webpage(like Gmail/Yahoo do on new emails) on your ToDo list?

Anyway, I don't really care if I don't get the 'extreme convenience' of quickly toggling the Sort panel, please give me my F5 key back!

Thanks!
Piyush
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Dec 29, 2010
Thanks for the bug report. We are looking into this one.
piyush_soni

Posted: Dec 30, 2010
Thanks.
dg

Posted: Dec 30, 2010
Posted by Toodledo:
Thanks for the bug report. We are looking into this one.

The bug with Toodledo "grabbing" function keys was reported 8 months ago....see

Posted by dg on April 10, 2010:
https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/3457/-29613/read.html
BTW, one minor issue I have with Toodledo is related to this discussion of shortcut keys. That is, I find that Toodledo responds to the F1, F3, F10, and F11 keys in an undocumented way (at least I couldn't find any mention of it). This isn't a huge problem, but it was a surprise to me, and there's one key annoyance caused by this.

It turns out that Toodledo intercepts the F11 key - which is used by virtually all browsers to toggle Full Screen mode on/off - and does something else with it. So I cannot use the F11 key to toggle Toodledo into full screen mode.

I'm so used to using the F11 key to do this on my smallish laptop screen that I do it out of muscle memory, and am always annoyed when Toodledo intercepts the F11 key and changes the display of the page in a way I didn't want.

Could this be fixed? Thank you!
--
dg

This message was edited Dec 30, 2010.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.