ForumsQuestionsExternal Collaboration

External Collaboration
rejackson73

Posted: Dec 23, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I looked through the forum and didn't find anything that really answered my question. Here is my situation...

I've been using Toodledo for years and love it. Recently signed up for pro for various reasons.

My boss would like to get periodic updates of what I am working on, what I am blocked on, etc.

I'm looking for a way to give my boss access to my 'work' folder tasks without opening up my toodledo account to everyone, and without requiring that my boss sign up for Toodledo. I would even settle for creating a schedule that will automatically create my filter and e-mail it to my boss.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I was looking at the Outlook integration through Chromadrake but it doesn't look like that is supported on Mac :-/

Thanks,
Rob
alexandremrj_2

If your boss uses a Mac then I would recommend just setting up an RSS feed of your work folders;
Just activate http://www.toodledo.com/connect_rss.php and then pick up the rss feeds of your work folders

http://www.apple.com/findouthow/mac/tutorials/addrss.html#addrssfeed - add a rss feed to Mail
rejackson73

Thanks...I was looking at that as well as sharing as a URL, but I don't want my task list to be on the open for everyone to see. This is why I'm thinking a periodic compilation of tasks in the 'work' folder and an e-mail of that task list.

Too bad toodledo doesn't support multiple user accounts...I love the fact that you can e-mail a request into Toodledo to get a list of matching tasks...if I could have my boss' e-mail on the account she can get the task list whenever she wants just by sending the appropriate e-mail.
PeterW 

Manual solution: create a few saved searches. For example:

What you've been working on
checked off = yes
folder = work
completed date = is in the last N days

What you're working on now/blocked on
checked off = no
due date = before today
due date = today
star = yes
status = active/waiting
etc

You could simply print each tab to PDF whenever you want and email it to the boss.

It's manual, but you get to decide what's on it!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.