ForumsQuestionsRepetition of already done tastks

Repetition of already done tastks
cap2000

Posted: Dec 25, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
I wanted to use the „repeat“ function to get reminded of not yet done tasks. Now I have the following behavior:

For example: I add a tasks and set it up to be reminded daily from the due date. In case I do set up a check mark 3 days after the due date to the first entry I thought the whole task would be set up as “done”. Unfortunately new tasks for every day (I think it would be every week if I had set uo “weekly” repetition) appear and I have to uncheck many many (duplicate) tasks before it disappears finally.

Who can I achieve, that not the whole task but only the reminder is repeated? Is this possible? I just want to be notified of the undone work. I don’t want to have duplicate tasks for every day, every week, biweekly, etc.

Thanks in advance!
Salgud

Posted: Dec 27, 2010
I'm not sure I'm interpreting your post correctly, but I think what you want is to change the repeating option to "From completion" rather than "From due date". Give that a try and see if it does what you're asking.
cap2000

Posted: Jan 04, 2011
Thank you Salgud, but that's not my goal.

I just want to be notified of an overdue task again and again (daily, weekly, biweekly,...) -- as long as I check it to "done". After that the task isn't any more importent for me.

Maybe the "repeat" option (that repeats periodic recurring tasks) is not the right thing for me. How can I solve my problem otherwise?
Salgud

I remember other requests for "Repeat notifictaions" - it's on "the list".
cap2000

Sorry...it's late afternoon ;-) ... what's "the list"?
Salgud

The developers often reply to feature requests that it's on "the list", which is a very extensive list of all the features that they plan to add someday. They won't, of course, give time estimates, for the obvious reasons, but some users get frustrated that the item they want is taking so long, but I can only imagine how long "the list" is and how they go about priortizing it.
cap2000

Thank you!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.