ForumsQuestionsmulti exit with parent and subtask

multi exit with parent and subtask
greginfla_

Posted: Dec 29, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
if I have a project with a parent entry and many subtasks, what is the easiest way to edit this record parent and subtask.

For example if I forgot to associate a project with a goal. How can I mult-edit all the records?

I have used search, but I can not define a search criteria that finds the parent and all the subtask.

Is there a record id field somewhere?
Salgud

No, no ID field.

When I create a project, I make sure it has a unique marker somewhere, like a unique tag, status, context, whatever. That way, I can go back and isolate that project and multi-edit it. For instance, I can give each one a unique tag.

If you aren't using Stars for anything else, this is probably the fastest way to id them and multi-edit. Star them all, then multi-edit, and destar if you want.

If you are using stars, and have no other unique field, you can multi-edit all your starred task and give them a unique marker of some kind, then de-star them, then star your project tasks, multi-edit, give them a unique identifier, then destar them, then bring back up the old starred tasks and star them. Kind of a tedious workaround, but probably faster than individually editing every task in your project if there are a lot of them.

If you need more detailed instructions, just let me know.

HTH

This message was edited Dec 29, 2010.
greginfla_

this does help... I was hoping for something less rudimentary
Salgud

Posted: Dec 30, 2010
Aren't we all? :)

It is on the "list".
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.