ForumsQuestionsGrid view problem... computer locks up

Grid view problem... computer locks up
kevandange

Posted: Jan 07, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
I am a new Toodledo user, switching from Remember The Milk. I am very interested in upgrading to a Pro Plus account to use the subtasks, customizable alarms, and file uploads capabilities, but I have a problem that is holding me back from committing to Toodledo completely. Whenever I switch to Grid view, the application completely locks up, I get the hourglass cursor and can't click on anything, and after a minute or two I get the following error message:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://images.toodledo.com/t/includes/prototype.js:1359

When I click Continue, I finally get to Grid view, but then whenever I try to do anything, switch to another tab or click on any of the categories in the left menu bar, it happens all over again.

BTW, I use Firefox and Greasemonkey.

Can someone help me? I would prefer to use Grid view while I get all of my tasks organized and set up the way I would like them to be, and this is making it impossible to work in Grid view at all.

Thanks!

Angela
caveatrob

I know the phrase "check your addons" is tiresome, but I've had trouble with Roboform and have had to unload it completely if I want to use ToodleDo in Fox. You might find that right-clicking Greasemonkey and disabling it for the page would correct the issue. If not, uninstall Greasemonkey completely and restart the browser to see if it makes a difference.

Also you might try downloading a fresh copy of Fox portable (portableApps.com) and running ToodleDo on it to see if you get the same issues. Shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so to do these tests.
piyush_soni

Before doing that, try increasing the script timeout time for Firefox. Sometimes it might take more than the default value.

Type about:config in address bar, press enter and type to search for dom.max_script_run_time. If it is something low like 5 seconds, change it to a bigger value like 10, 15, 20 etc. or more if you like. Since you are eventually able to get to the grid view, I think increasing it to 15 would be ok. This is the number of seconds before it will show you this not responding message.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.