ForumsQuestionsTasks do not stay completed--losing my mind.

Tasks do not stay completed--losing my mind.
trans

Posted: Jan 10, 2011
Score: 0 Reference
Somewhat randomly, I will check a task as completed by clicking the box on the far left (sorry for being so literal and simple). I then go to some other views/contexts/etc... When I get back to the original screen where I was at, the tasks I marked as completed are back and a "completed" task has also been created...duplication. No, these are not repeating tasks. For example:

Task Name: File Travel Document
Folder: Work
Context: Office
Start: no date
Due: no date
Repeat: None
Priority: 2 High
Tag:

My filter is not set to show recently completed tasks.

If I mark this task as done, then it shows up again as still to do.

I can't use this tool if I can't mark tasks as completed!
PeterW 

It really does sound like these are repeating tasks (as soon as you complete a repeating task it generates the next instance) and that you are displaying recently completed tasks (in which case the filter link would show "Hide Recently Completed").

If that's not the case then you should create a support ticket so that Toodledo can look at your account.
trans

They are definitely not repeating tasks and my filter bar says "Show Recently Completed" (I assume clicking this would then show the completed tasks).

I'll open a ticket...thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
This could only happen if they were repeating tasks.

I suppose it could also happen if you are syncing with a 3rd party app that is misbehaving, but the timing doesn't seem to support that.
irene

Posted: Jan 13, 2011
I have the same problem. I made my tasks non-repeating, completed them, but they are still in my to-do list. Filter "Show Recently Completed" is off, but they pop up anyway. How can I hide them without deleting?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jan 14, 2011
If they are completed (have a checkmark) then you can just click "Hide recently completed" to hide them. If they are uncompleted, then you'll have to use some other filter to hide them. Perhaps the "deferred status" filter.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.